Hello all - your views requested

Take part in research or give your opinion in a survey.
Hello everyone. My name is Anne and I have retired from my role as a Social Care Manager and trainer to live in the mountains of Spain where I now work as a volunteer with two charities - one for ex-pats living with cancer and the other for Carer Support. I am hoping to set up a regular chat group for carers at our local centre, and I would like to know 'what is the best advice you have been given?' and 'what advice do you wish you had been given earlier?'
Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Gosh, that's a tough one, I think the problem I've always encountered is that people are never short of advice but it's rarely useful and they rarely get off their bums to help! I don't know that I've ever been given particularly good advice; there are good sources of information here and there but I'm struggling to think of an example. I will keep thinking and get back to you on that!

Re which advice do you wish you'd been given earlier, again, it was more what I discovered rather than anything anyone told me but it was to understand that there just isn't the help out there so not to be upset and disappointed when you can't get it. I do find it easier now I don't expect anything, if that makes sense.

Anyway that's probably not a lot of use so I will have a good think and see if I can come up with something better.

I'd be very interested in knowing if the healthcare/disability/carers situation in Spain is better than here, if the two are comparable in any way? :)