Dementia Carers

Take part in research or give your opinion in a survey.
Hello,

I am currently completing my Masters degree in Health Psychology at the University of Derby. For my research project I am looking at the differences in online and offline support that dementia carers currently seek.

I am investigating the differences in individuals who currently care for somebody with dementia who receive online or offline support, or even both. The differences I am looking at are the carers quality of life, loneliness and depression. The study aims to see if the level of these 3 factors are different depending on what support carers receive.
Online support constitutes of such things as online forums (like this one), chat rooms, podcasts, information websites and online self-help.
Offline support includes such things as face to face support groups and telephone support.

My study and the documents included in it have been approved and have ethical approval through the University of Derby’s ethical committee, and in accordance with this all responses will be kept confidential.

If you wish to take part in my study there are 2 parts of a criteria that need to be met:
- You are currently caring for somebody with dementia, and
- You are aged over 18

Participation is fully voluntary, and you are able to withdraw at any time during or up to two weeks after you have completed the study, without giving any reasons. The study will take no more than 10 minutes to complete.

The following link is the online version of the study; if you wish to complete a paper version of the study please contact me and I will send you the paper version with a prepaid envelope to return it back to me: https://derby.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0p1Jp6nLcXEZnSJ

If you have any questions regarding the study please do not hesitate to contact me.
Many thanks for taking your time to read about my study and consider completion.

Laura Parkhouse
Im still needing a lot of participants if anyone can spare 10 minutes to complete my study!
thankyou