This looks like an interesting study into young adults 20-30. Posting in case any of you fit the bill or know someone who does?
Matt

Title of Study: What is it like to be the adult sister or brother of a young adult with a developmental disability?
Name of researcher: Lisa Thackeray

My name is Lisa Thackeray. I am 48 years old, married and have two adult daughters. I am currently a PhD student at Birkbeck and my research involves looking at what it is like to be the brother or sister of a young adult with a developmental disability.

I am planning to interview young adults (aged 22 to 30 years) who have an adult sibling (aged 20 to 30 years) with a diagnosis of a developmental disability. If you agree to participate you will take part in research which involves being interviewed for between one and two hours. You will be asked questions about what it is like to have a sister or brother with a developmental disability both when you were children and now as young adults. The interview will take place in a relaxed setting, somewhere where we won’t be disturbed. This could be your home or alternatively I’ll arrange somewhere convenient for you.

For the most part I’ll be listening to your experiences, thoughts and opinions. The interview will be recorded and transcribed. You are free to stop the interview at any time and you have the right to withdraw from the study for up to one month after the interview has taken place.

Other than myself, only my supervisor will have access to the information from our conversation. A code will be attached to the information you provide so that it remains totally anonymous. The information may also be discussed at group meetings held within the university. Further, excerpts from the transcript will be used in the written report and may be included in any published articles which result from this study. However, as all potentially identifying information will be changed, you will not be identifiable in the write-up or any publication which may ensue. I will produce a summary of my findings which will be made available to you.

If you are interested in taking part in this study you can contact me by email. My email address is]lisathackeray@live.co.uk[/url] We can then arrange to talk on the telephone so that I can answer any questions you may have and arrange a convenient time and place to meet.

Department of Psychological Sciences, Birkbeck University of London, Malet St, London WC1E 7HX