Carers UK works with our partners to transform policy into effective practice that improves the lives of carers
Our consultancy team can help you understand what carers need and design services which make carers’ lives better.
Our evidence-based methods make use of the organisation’s extensive experience and knowledge of carers and the national drivers that are shaping health and social care services. We know what works to improve carers’ lives, and what doesn’t. We also understand the pressures on organisations in a climate of reducing resources and increasing demand for care.
We have partnered with a wide range of organisations to support delivery of improved support to carers, including:
- Local authorities
- Health bodies
- Public bodies
- Voluntary sector organisations
- Private sector organisations
We can offer:
- real life evidence on carers and services for carers
- experience in providing consultancy services and training to large numbers of public, private and voluntary sector organisations for 20 years
- experience and skills in research, policy analysis and performance measurement
- experience in quantitative and qualitative evidence base development
- a thorough understanding of relevant national and local data sources and the method to interpret and present the data in a meaningful format
- established local networks and strong links to carers
Examples of our work
- We partnered with a large County Council to develop their evidence base on carers, review local support and produce a new ‘whole of life’ joint carers’ strategy.
- We developed an evidence base for a London Borough to gain better insight into their carer population to help shape their local services, inform their new joint carers’ strategy and make recommendations for future commissioning.
- We developed an evidence base on carers for a large city in the South East to facilitate a review of carers’ support services and make recommendations for alternative models of service.
- We partnered with a London Borough to review their support for mental health carers, including a detailed review of their assessment processes, and recommendations for future commissioning.
- We worked with a London Borough to review their support for carers at hospital discharge and carers’ experiences of personalisation.
- We partnered with a private sector health organisation to evaluate and analyse the healthcare experiences of carers, with a focus on those supporting dementia and end of life.
- We partnered with a large public body to evaluate carers’ experiences of local healthcare services.