Want to help carers improve their digital skills?
Carers UK is working with Tinder Foundation to help carers improve their digital skills. If you're a local group that wants to help carers in your community benefit from digital, you could become a UK online centre partner with Tinder Foundation and benefit from support, training and resources.
Digital technology has made many aspects of our life more convenient and accessible. Being able to go online can be a life saver for carers. Saving time by shopping or banking online, finding information about a condition or available support or being able to connect with professionals online can all make life easier for carers.
Although many carers are communicating, finding information and staying up-to-date online, some are missing out due to a lack of digital skills. Carers UK believes that all carers should benefit from digital skills. That’s why we have been working with Tinder Foundation to understand how we can help carers improve their digital skills.
Tinder Foundation is a charity which supports digitally and socially excluded people to improve their lives through digital. They bring together thousands of community partners to make up the UK online centres network reaching deep into communities to help people across the UK gain the support and skills they need to change their lives and overcome social challenges.
Understanding the role of carers and the benefits digital can bring to their lives, Tinder Foundation is keen to work with partner organisations who are able to support digitally excluded carers in their local areas, to gain the skills and confidence they need to use online services, and improve their lives.
If you offer basic computer skills sessions, or would like to, Tinder Foundation would like to invite you to become a UK online centre partner.
What are UK online centres?
Every UK online centre is different, with some operating in libraries, community venues and leisure centres as well as some in more unusual locations like pubs, cafes and mosques. What they have in common is their commitment to digital inclusion, and helping the hardest to reach develop their digital skills.
The support of the network has a real impact on individuals, with 88% of learners coming through the network having improved self confidence, 66% experiencing employment progression and 74% progressing to further learning.
Support from Tinder Foundation
Tinder Foundation provides grant funding, training, marketing, learning products and advocacy to centres within the UK online centres network, along with help and support from a dedicated team of advisers. All this is provided free of charge.
Become part of the UK online centres network today and take advantage of:
- Access and support in using our free e-learning platform Learn My Way, which includes Online basics to help learners get started with computers and the internet.
- Inclusion in Tinder’s national online centre search facility.
- Access to free UK online centres training and tutor support resources for your staff and volunteers.
- Access to session plans, toolkits and ideas to support different learners.
- Free packs of marketing material, including specialist materials to promote your classes - these can be reordered as required.
- The opportunity to take part in at least two high profile national marketing events per year.
- Weekly newsletters informing you about Tinder Foundation activity and news from across the network.
- Management information - a great way to monitor the learning your learners undertake. Ideal for measuring your impact for senior management, funders and governing bodies.
- The opportunity to apply for UK online centres funding when this is available as well as national and local funding alerts.
Want to find out more?